Thursday 12 November 2015

My Favourite Things

Well this one will either sink or swim, and I'm so hoping swim, as it's Mrs Duck's theme over at MAWTT and she has really excelled in picking

My Favourite Things

as our latest challenge theme - BUT read on my friends - Mrs Duck never does things by halves - don't follow the theme literally instead think of Mary Poppins and the song...

"These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things"

the lyrics are on the MAWTT blog and they are the theme - how creative is that! (I'm lovin this one - aren't you???)

So sing along as I did till you reach your favourite thing and surprisingly... I went with... "whiskers on kittens!"


I rummaged through all my cat stamps - and quite a few are whiskerless, but then as luck would have it, a challenge win and the chance to gather more Bugaboo images and low and behold, this little Christmas number appeared!  Isn't he gorgeous - even if a tad grumpy!  He's called Crabby Cat Christmas and is available here.

So, colouring was by Promarker, papers by First Edition - Festive Treat and tags by LOTV and there we have it!

Challenges;
CHCE - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Christmas Critters
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Kitties - Wasn't sure if this cat believed in gifting ...his face says it all!
Brown Sugar - Tag Your it - sentiment tags
ABC Christmas - W - Wild Thing - well my cat is!!!
Crafty Catz - Winter
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything goes
Come & Get It - Lots of sparkle - hat as glamour dust & glossy accents
The Glory of Christmas - Glitter or shine - glamour dust & accents
Papertake - Christmas Critters
Jx


28 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Haa haa haaa thats brilliant, hes sooo funny!!! Great theme too. Love it. Thanks too for joining in on Catch the bug this week, Love Hazelxx

Doreen said...

Just love the image,what a fab card.xxx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a cool fun image and a great layout too, Luv Sam x

Michelle J M said...

Oh this does make me smile, that face! Fabulous card Janice. Michelle x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

Sue B said...

Awww… Crabby cat is SO cute Janice… and you've coloured him beautifully! I love the scrummy papers and how you've layered up… this card just makes me smile!! :-))
Hope your day goes well hun
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Anna said...

Very beautiful card!!!
Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge this week!
Anna Dt

Wendy L said...

Great card Janice, perfect for the challenge theme, xxx

Veerle said...

Great card Janice and such a fun image.
Greetings, Veerle

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this crabby cat! I used him for a DT card awhile back - he is so fun! Your card is adorable!

Sarah said...

I picked out your DT card before I saw your name!! Such a great interpretation and I am definitely going to play along with this one, such a good theme!! xx

Debs said...

Fabulous card Janice - 'purrfect' image for the lyric - love the challenge theme.
Debs xx

Adventures in Paperland said...

Love this image! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT

Pia S said...

What a fun challenge theme and crabby cat is such a great choice, just love him. Super coloring and fun Christmas design!
Thanks for entering our challenge this week and good luck! Pia, Bugaboo DT

Tammy said...

Adorable Christmas card Janice! I love that Crabby Cat image and your beautiful colors, so cute!
Hugs, Tammy

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Cute image and fab composition. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Brown Sugar Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
brownsugarchallenge.

Lindsey said...

This is a great grumpy cat! And he looks like I can occasionally feel after the stress of Christmas shopping. :P Love your colouring and the little tag sentiments.

Donna said...

Fantastic, love the grumpy cat face! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "K is for Kitties" challenge!

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card in our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog. We are really happy you joined us and wish you luck in the draw.
Please join us again soon!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

mixamatoasties said...

I love him!! He looks exactly like I feel right now :)

I'm thinking about this challenge now too. Kinda wish I'd joined in!


xx

Christine Harrop said...

I just love his expression Janice! Super card! Hugs Christine xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Janice
I absolutely adore this card. That kitty has to be the grumpiest ever hahaha!
You have followed the theme beautifully with this great card.
Ang x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Janice, such a brilliant image - he certainly does look a bit grumpy, great take on the theme.
Pauline
x

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

That cat is fantastic. I have to have him and his attitude. Thanks for playing along with the Snarky Sisterhood!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love it.. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant fun card thank you for joining the CHNC EXTRA CHALLENGE
hugs
lorraine x

Carole said...

Super fun image Janice, I did chuckle
Sorry I'm late but got problems with my lappy, keeps turning off
Hugs Carole x

cotnob said...

Hi Janice, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline
x